Sunday, November 4, 2012

Recovery Month Recap

I haven't given an update in weeks and for that I apologize.  But I've been recovering and dealing with all that life has to throw at me.

After 4 weeks of recovery, I still feel a bit, well unrecovered.  I am sore after easy runs and am still not ready to start ramping back up.  Weird (and I feel old).  But I'll give it 2-4 more weeks.

I have been training with my son, though, which is so awesome.  We are training for the Berbee Derby 10k.  Running with him is amazing.  If you are a runner, you know how valuable it can be to have your friend at your side.  To have your son at your side is indescribable and awesome.

Recap for this week:

  • I ran 16+ miles.  Was planning for more, but life went a bit haywire this week.
  • A good friend died unexpectedly and tragically.  I am still reeling and trying to wrap my head around it, but running become an afterthought. 
  • Our after school child care provider then quit via e-mail on Friday night after she smiled and told me the week was awesome when I was writing the check.  She hurled awful (and untrue) words about me, my husband and my children. 
  • I was supah PO-ed.  But I do believe everything happens for a reason.  She was a horrible fit for our family and we knew it from day 2 - we kept saying we just needed to make it through the semester.  When she left, we put out a call and now we have the best team I could imagine to get us through.
When one door closes, another opens.

I'll tip my hat to that.

No comments: