Thursday, November 8, 2012

30 Days of Gratitude


Tis the season to reflect on all the things I am thankful for.  I have joined the "30 Days of Thanks" bandwagon and have been posting things daily on Facebook. I wanted to save it here too though (slightly modified) - so I can fully reflect on the whole picture at the end of this journey.  Enjoy!

Day 1: I am thankful for my friend Emily, who left us far too soon. God bless you, girl. ♥

Day 2: I am thankful for reminders that we are not all on the same page in life and we need to go with the flow without anger or regret when others lash out.

Day 3: I am so thankful for my healthy, awesome and beautiful boys.

Day 4: I am thankful for all the great guys in my husband's band, Undercover! I love you guys!

Day 5: I am thankful for wonderful people who come to my rescue when I need it.  Friday night our after school child care provider quit via email without any notice. Kathy Gile Brad Gile & Emily Wagnerquickly came to our rescue for the rest of the semester! Thank you so much for helping us! We are now in such a better position all around. When one door closes, another (better door) opens. We are so thankful for you!


Day 6: I am thankful to be an American! I am particularly thankful for all of the men, women and their families who work hard to keep us safe and free.

Day 7: I am thankful I am a lawyer. Yes, lawyers have a bad name. But the vast majority of them I know are really great people. I get to help individuals and companies solve complex and interesting problems, my brain is never on hold, and I work with highly motivated, smart people. I am very proud to be in the profession I am.

Photo: Our lovely Loon.  :)
Day 8: I am thankful for my fellow spice girls at Salty Running. It is fun to be a part of such a positive, fun and BA community of running chicas.

Day 9: I am thankful for this tiny, feisty gal! We met our cat (Loon or Loony Girl) 14+ years ago in Gainesville, Florida and she has been part of our family ever since.

Day 10: Words cannot express how thankful I am for Girls on the Run. It is such a powerful, healthy & fun program. I am truly blessed to be able to coach these awesome girls and do it with my awesome co-coaches!
The joy of GOTR
Day 11: I am thankful for my husband's fabulous Greek Soup! Hopefully it will do the trick with this darn cold.

Day 12: I am thankful for my sister! She is smart, beautiful, funny and totally crazy. She is highly invested in all the people and things she cares about and is an amazing person. I love you Beth!

Day 13: I am thankful (and proud) my son made the high honor roll. After a rocky start to the semester, he had to work for it. Great job J-man!

Day 14 - I am thankful for vacation! We just booked our cabin in the Grand Teton National Park for next summer - woo hoo!


Photo
Kayaking with my boy in Colter Bay June 2011
Day 15: I am so thankful I can run!


Day 16: Thankful for all of these (see image on left). And Fridays. TGIF.

Day 17: Thankful my boys like to run with me! I ran 7 miles with James today as his last big run before the Berbee Derby 10k. Soon we are off to dinner to celebrate both boys having great report cards this semester. :)

Day 18: Thankful for sunny 55 degree days in November!!


Day 19: I am thankful for laughing hard and just being crazy sometimes. :)


Day 20: I am so thankful I am a mom! It isn't always easy, but there is no greater blessing than to love and be loved as a mother. Plus, I always have people to mess with. ;)


Day 21: I am so thankful for my legal assistant. She is smart, reliable, organized, friendly, and down to earth (she's also funny and a great singer). She keeps me organized and on track (no small endeavor). I don't know how I'd manage day to day without her and am VERY thankful for everything she does for me.

My boys after the Berbee Derby
Day 22 (Thanksgiving): I am thankful for the Berbee Derby! It is the best way to start Thanksgiving. We get to run into friends, we run with our boys, and we get to jump start our pre-turkey calorie burn. Have a great day everyone!!

Day 23:  I am so thankful for my mom!  She is smart and strong and has always pushed me to work hard and do my best.  She is also incredibly talented and creative.

Day 24: I am thankful for Florida State football!  GO NOLES!!




Stay tuned for more throughout the month...

What are you thankful for?

1 comment:

harada57 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.