Saturday, March 24, 2012

Yup, that is what I woke up to this morning. The boys made us breakfast in bed. mmmm. Toast, eggs, cheese and ham. Yummay. Even better that they did it together to surprise us for no good reason. :)

The Hunger Games last night was fun. I sat next to Jake and I was amazed at every detail he recalled from the book (that was omitted or different in the movie). Just when I think he really isn't paying attention.....

Johnny and I also saw Elton John this week. It was awesome. And the day of the concert I was Googling around to see if there was any way I could get my nice camera in. I found a forum discussing how EJ is one of the few artists who will still allow folks to the front of the stage and sign autographs near the end of the show. Heck yeah! As soon as we saw security letting people in, I booked it up front and got to stand at the edge of the stage for the last 5-6 songs.

Lucky me, I was one of the 25-30 people who actually got a John Hancock from Sir Elton John too. Fun. I have always loved Elton's music. It was funny though - way old crowd and low key - people were sitting in the first half. Come on people! But what was really impressive what that he played for 3 hours straight. Sweet. He also had 2 guys from Croatia on the electric cellos. Not only was it highly entertaining, they were also obviously thrilled to be up there. Cool.

Oh, this is a running blog, isn't it. My run today was awesome. I am feeling great and enjoying the spring weather. 3 hours on tap tomorrow. Wish me luck.

No comments: