Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Good Stuff

Okay, first the bad news: I finally scheduled a sports massage for Monday, but had to cancel it because I had to go to Milwaukee for a meeting and would not get back in time. Now I am hesitating the reschedule (I HATE MASSAGES), but I WILL do this.

Good news: So I complained about the weather race-wise, but this 70-80 degree gig is pretty sweet. Particularly in the morning since it is in the 50s. Ideal.

Today coach had a double on tap: 40 min am / 30 min pm. So I was able to sleep in (relatively), then have a nice run before the boys had to get off to school. 30 minutes is perfect for James, so the rest of the day I looked forward to my evening run with him. When I got home, I also got this sweet thing from Skirt Sports:
Nice. So funky running skirt on and boy in tow, we hit the streets for a lovely 30 minute run. Can this age please not end? Please? So awesome.

We came home and then commenced reading the Hunger Games. We have been reading it with the boys in anticipation of the movie. Fun great stuff.

I have never been one to say I wanted time to stop with my kiddos. I recall so many women saying they loved 6 weeks of age/newborn/whatever. They wanted to go back. I couldn't relate. Don't get me wrong, I loved my babies, but I always looked forward to each next step.

But now I swear we are in the sweet spot with our boys. They are awesome, independent and love hanging out (AND RUNNING!) with us. I want it to last forever.

But I'd also be okay with setting a good foundation for them doing their own thing too I guess. ;)

For now, I will stick with feeling very fortunate! (and FUNKAY - did I mention that skirt is awesome!)

1 comment:

Theia said...

Cute skirt! I love it!

And enjoy every minute with your family. You are so lucky!