Sunday, November 2, 2008

The best time of year for running

Is now. Wow, it has been spectacular lately. I took this entire week off, however. I was not ready to start getting up before 6 and I really enjoyed the extra sleep and rest. Yesterday, however, I ran a nice easy 7 miler. The weather and fall colors were spectacular. It was a nice reminder of why I love this sport so much.

I think I will run the inagural Illinois marathon in April. My sister decided to run it as her first marathon and asked me to join her - how can I pass that up?! Very cool.

In the meantime, I think November is going to be a low mileage month with some nice speed workouts. The Berbee Derby is on Thanksgiving and I think I will shoot for a 5K or 10K PR (or something close to it anyway). My task for this afternoon is to write up a good schedule. I also plan to add pilates back in religiously. I have really slacked on it and I know better than that. It just plain makes me a better runner and I know that. I am also committed to dropping a couple of pounds before starting marathon training again. So far I have had no success with that endeavor, but hopefully things will change.

Best of luck to Quinto Sol who is running NYCM this morning! He just hit the 5K at 23:51 - Woo Hoo!! UPDATE: 3:21:05 - WAY TO GO!

1 comment:

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

What does pilates do for your running? Do you do a video or class or what? If a video - let me know which one. I just found a pilates book this weekend that I had bought years ago and I'm thinking of giving it a try again. But I find it so hard to read a book and do the workout (and I DON'T do classes), so I'm looking for a good pilates video.