Sunday, October 26, 2008

Back at it

Well, not really, but I did get out there yesterday for my first recovery run since Columbus. I took 5 days completely off. No running, no pilates, nada. Yesterday I ran 4.5 really easy. Everything was ok, but afterwards my calves were very sore. It is amazing how long a marathon can linger. I may run another short recovery run today if I have time. I slept in late and have a LOT to do today. It may even snow tonight - CrAzY!

I have been enjoying sleeping in until 6:00 am every morning - I didn't even need my alarm this week! I am relishing the down time and trying to decide what is next. What spring marathon are you running?

My goal for the next week is to pick a new target race and write a schedule. I am also hoping to drop a few pounds in November. I know once I start training again it is not going to happen - so now is the time.

2 comments:

Greg said...

What spring marathon am I running? Boston, baby! Oh, wait. Gotta qualify first. Ask me in about 5 weeks :-)

Enjoy the down time. You've earned it!

bryan said...

I hereby officially surrender and concede that you are the winner of our annual mileage contest.

For this year anyway. For '09 you better watch out.

And, congrats on the awesome marathon -- woohoo!