Saturday, December 22, 2007

Getting Back to Normal

I had a nice run today. My Garmin battery died after 2 miles, but the weather was awesome (for running) and I felt great overall. Did at bit over 5 and a half at around an 8:45 pace. It was in the upper 30s, foggy and lightly misting. However, I noticed that the roads were extremely wet from all of the melting snow. Not good considering the temps are supposed to drop dramatically tonight and a blizzard is scheduled to roll in. Yep, up to 60 mph winds and perhaps 12 more inches of snow. Crazy. Looks like we will definitely have a white Christmas. And it looks like running tomorrow will be treadmill or bust.

Adam, the Mad City 100K is April 12. Check it out. It could be fun. If you don't want to run the full ultra, you could always run on our team! We do 20K (2 laps) each. I don't have any ultra plans right now. But I have never completely ruled out the idea either.

As my friend's son said to me today, Merry Christmas Eve Eve Eve.

1 comment:

Adam said...

Too bad it's on the 12th, that's the same day as the Chippewa Moraine 50k.