Friday, September 11, 2009

I am Battered and Bruised and FIT!!!

I won't pretend to tell you I'm not tired. Nor somewhat residually sore. And my resting heart rate is ridiculous. This is no surprise after a 6 weeks of *relatively* light mileage + speed; followed by 6 weeks of abrupt and aggressive mileage spikes.

But check it out: my running HR is dropping like mad, despite high resting HR in the morning because I get wholly inadequate amounts of sleep. Okay - not a great equation, but I figure if I can get through the next 2 weeks of heftier mileage, then have the benefit of rest, I should be golden. This morning, the weather was great (low 50s), and my HR was rockin. Seriously, it was 134 a couple times when I checked it. I haven't logged those numbers since 2007 when I was spiking at miles. This bodes well for a break-out marathon. A PR may just be in reach.

No comments: