Saturday, April 11, 2009

Official Results

3:27:36.

Not my goal. Not a PR. But, man, did I give it everything I had. This was my first successful marathon (this is actually 1:07 off my PR) that I did not negative split. I'm divided on the cause. I felt strong in the first half and actually refused to look at my Garmin other than the obligatory lap split. I felt I was definitely running within myself. But the winds in miles 17-24 kicked my @ss. So maybe I went out too fast...maybe just winds. Either way, I'll take it. I ran my heart out there today. Talented or not, I did what I set out to accomplish.

Since it is of course, Easter weekend, I have guests and will not have a race report for a while... but it will be forth coming.

3 comments:

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

Way to go! That's definitely a success, when you give it every thing you have. Can't wait to read the full report. Hopefully you don't have to wear heels with your Easter dress!

Greg said...

Hey, a 1:37 positive split isn't that bad and wind sucks. You did great!

Happy Easter!

(heading out for my last "long run" before Boston)

Quinto Sol said...

That is a very good time Mindi... particularly when you consider the windy conditions. The positive split was well within the +/- 2 minutes that shows one has paced a marathon well. Congrats!