Friday, April 10, 2009

In Champaign . . .

I made it! It always feels weird traveling to a race on my own, but overall my travels were uneventful and I made it. It is CrAzY windy today and I am praying the winds let up before tomorrow morning. It was funny because on the way down I passed a big wind farm. I had never seen one in person before and it was a bit surreal - if not even a bit sci-fi-ish. They were HUGE and boy were they cranking away in the 28 mile winds.

I checked into my hotel and headed over to the expo. I got a bit lost trying to find it and it was crazy - I cannot believe how big this race is for the inaugural running. The marathon, half, 10K and 5K are all sold out! And I believe there are around 10,000 people. Tomorrow morning should be crazy! My hotel is several miles away so I will have to get over there early to park.

I am starting to get really excited, but very nervous too (as usual). I had a complete anxiety dream last night - I was starting the Madison Marathon and a couple miles in I decided I did not feel like doing it because it was too hilly so I quit. Then 4 hours later I decided I wanted to run it so I started again. Not a fun pre-race dream. Hopefully tonight we'll be a bit more restful.

I'll keep you posted on tomorrow's events!

1 comment:

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

Good luck! Here's hoping the winds die down. I think they are supposed to.