Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Intervals on the Treadmill

Yes, today was the day for my interval workout and thanks to the ice and 6 degree weather when I woke up, I opted for the mill. Let me just tell you from the outset that logging and tracking an interval workout on the mill is not nearly as easy as using the garmin and great out doors! I ran a bit over 4 miles and then hit my 5 x 600 meters with 90 sec recoveries as follows (2:35, 2:33, 2:31, 2:31 and 2:31). Not shabby, but all of it was done on zero elevation and most of it felt just plain awkward. The good news was that my HR was not only in a good range throughout, but quickly dropped during my recoveries. The bad news is that I still have a goopy head cold and my stomach was ROCKED. Never fun.

I am hoping to run outside tomorrow morning. Provided the freezing rain holds off, I should be good to go.

My attempts for a race on Saturday are not quite panning out. So far, no takers, but Joe+ is racing a 15K and posting her 10K split. I have a feeling she is still going to kick my @rse though!

Nevertheless, I am going to go for it --> head out to a different location and try to pretend I am racing. I am a bit worried because I hate 10Ks anyway, but I am planning to be accountable for my "race" here. So it is on. And you can give me great slack if I wimp out.

Which, incidentally, I won't.

3 comments:

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

So did you make it outside today?

Mindi said...

Yes! It was actually 35 degrees and the best running weather I have had in a long time! The rain did not start until later in the morning, so I was able to enjoy nice, clear roads. :)

Greg said...

I don't think you'll be getting that check from the Wisconsin chamber of commerce. I hope you feel better and good luck in your "race." You're braver than I am!