Friday, October 17, 2008

1258


I am busy getting ready to head to Columbus early tomorrow morning. The weather looks perfect! Yay! I am starting to get pretty excited. Wish me luck! My bib# is 1258....

Continued.....

So I am getting ready for my last short, easy run this morning before we head off to Columbus. I checked the weather (from 3 different souces of course) and I am astonished to say the weather truly looks PERFECT! That is a first to me. Well, it was perfect for my first, but I don't think I even really checked it before hand because I didn't understand what a big impact it could make. Regardless, the goods news from the weather gods this morning is very, very welcome.

I have also realized during the last couple of days that, to me, marathon weekend really rivals Christmas or other big holidays, if not more. You work your tail off for 5 months, go through good workouts, bad, stiffness, injury, strength, exhastion and sometimes the elation of a great run. And then there you are getting ready for the big day! How awesome is that?!?

Time Goal? I have no concrete time goal. I'd love it to be 3:35 or less, but I am fully aware it may be higher. I am completely going to go by feel and try to negative split and finish strong. Obviously I would like to BQ (3:45:59) and finish (even if I bomb, it is state #6!!). Above all, I am going to have fun!! My husband is going to be spectating and I am thrilled about that - he hasn't been able to do that for a long time. It is always a huge lift to see him on the course.

I have run over 700 miles in preparation of this race and I am ready.

6 comments:

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

Good Luck Mindi!!!

Kel said...

You're probably half way through the course as I type this - hope you are having a great run!

Quinto Sol said...

Woo hoo!!! Congrats!! And negative splits.... A.W.E.S.O.M.E.

Greg said...

Sub-3:35 and a negative split? You rock!

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

Looks like you executed your plan perfectly! Can't wait to hear all the details. Congrats!

Kel said...

OK. So you were more than half way through when I typed my first message, and you had an AWESOME run!

And Cindi, how do I get to read your blog? I've been wondering how Twin Cities went for you...