Sunday, March 30, 2008

Spring is ready to be sprung

Great pic, huh? Nope, it is not here. Not a leaf in sight. Gray, brown, dreary. But we have had several days in the upper 40s. The daffodils and tulips are starting to pop out of the ground. It is coming. Life is good.

I am worried about Joseph. Hopefully we'll get a report soon. Our health is too important to take for granted. And it sucks to see such a good runner (and person) to hit a big obstacle. Best thoughts with you, tusca.

My running is hanging steady. Not the improvement I wanted, but I did get in 36 miles this week. Boy has my fitness tanked. But I am trying to fit it all in and the improving weather is a boon.

M - rest (planned)

T - 6.16 - nice day - cold wind, but nice to be outside

W - 6 - same as Tues

T - unplanned rest - WAY too busy

F - unplanned rest - same as Thursday

Sa - just over 10 - planned for 6, but I was running slow and it was just too nice to stop

Su - 13.7 - loads of hills - instant hammy soreness when I finished - I am NOT in the shape I used to be!!

Total: 36 and change off 4 days. Goal for next week: 5 days minimum

It is amazing how much nice weather can improve your running. Yesterday I felt like I could have run 100 miles. It was amazing.

Work has been great. The kids have been VERY challenging this week. One of those weeks that you just can't win. Ouch. Oh well, tomorrow is a new week.

Wow, this is something of an uninspired post. But I feel like it is the end of that season. I have hope.

No comments: