Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Running in a winter wonderland

Mother nature dropped another 6 inches of snow on us yesterday, so my run this morning was a slow slog through snow, slush, ice and puddles. I got to break out my Get-A-Grip shoe grips for the first time ever. I bought them last year, but we didn't get much snow after I received them. They were very helpful, but boy am I sore post-run. While they definitely give more traction, you are still utilizing a lot of stabilizing muscles when running in the slop. It was a fun adventure run though. And even though I was running WAY slower, I was able to channel a little quasi-cross country action ala Salty and Bridget while out there.

However, I am glad I was not racing as I am in NO shape to be racing. My HR is still way higher than I would like it to be. Hopefully it will start to come down soon. I am now officially on vacation! I take my boys to my parents house this afternoon and we are heading out west!

Have a great week and GOOD LUCK THIS WEEKEND joe positive!!

2 comments:

The Salty One said...

Have a great trip!

Hubitron said...

Don't look now, but mother nature is dumping a whole lot more on us mid-westerners right at this moment. Tomorrow should be interesting.