Saturday, December 8, 2007

Oh the weather outside is frightful....

It was 12 degrees here today. With the windchill, 1 degree. BRRR. It is one of those days I just can't seem to get warm. My hands are FREEZING. The good news is that I ran yesterday and everything felt good. I ran today and it was the same situation. So, I think I am on the mend. AND, I think I figured out the cause. I had been doing an exercise for my obliques with 25# weights. I made the mistake of thinking it was more like core work than weights and was doing it 5-6 times a week. Too much. Apparently I pulled something. But I stopped doing it a week ago and things are getting much better. The hip is still a bit tight/mildly sore when I stretch to my side, but running is not aggravating it anymore. Hopefully this will be a thing of the past soon.

We finally got around to taking some pictures today for our Christmas cards. It was fun. Unfortunately my husband and I both feel pretty crappy today. Some nasty virus or something. Hopefully it will not hang on for long. As you can see, my kids have been like the Energizer bunnies all day. They really CAN open their eyes - it is just difficult when you are being completely nuts. LOL. I kept taking pictures and the boys had these crazy, strained smiles on their faces or else they were intentionally making silly faces. When I told them to stop it and try to smile "normal," my oldest told me it was just too hard because it was hilarious to do silly faces. So I told him to just think of hilarious things, and well, you can see the result. :)

Salty, I can't wait to hear your report on nationals! I hope it went well!!

Everyone else, I really hope you are enjoying warmer weather than I am! LOL. The funny thing is I don't mind running it it b/c I warm up pretty quickly. I just can't stand hanging around the house!

3 comments:

mainers said...

good to hear you're up and running again!!

great xmas photos!! our one year old looked absolutely miserable (but cute anyway) on the one we sent out!

oh and it was about 60 degrees warmer here in Charlotte than where you are today, with a forecast of 78 for Tuesday!! a year ago today I ran the Charlotte marathon- it was 19 degrees! who said anything about global warming??

The Salty One said...

Oh geez! You are all too cute. Your boys look like quite the little mischievious (can't spell!) ones :) I am hoping that if I take a little time off of running that I'll miss it so much I'll be happy to get out there in those sub-freezing temps! Spring is just...actually, it's not even Winter yet!

Tom said...

Great that you are back running.

The pictures are awesome! Your boys are very cute!

We ended up having to go with 2 separate shots on our card because I believe that universe would implode if both of my kids smiled at the same time for a picture :)