Saturday, October 30, 2010

A wee bit nervous!

I am up early this morning and ready to head out in about 20 minutes for the Haunted Hustle Half Marathon! It is an inaugural race and quickly sold out this year (there is also a full and a 10K). The weather is ideal and I have certainly gotten maximal rest this week.

Yet, this is my 4th half marathon for the year. The first 2 were so-so (slow, because it was hot) and the 3rd was downright miserable. The good news is that is at least 20 degrees cooler than the last one (and about 35-40 degrees cooler than the first two).

This is also officially my last race for this training schedule, which was supposed to - but did not - culminate with the Chicago Marathon. I did 7 miles with 2 at half marathon pace on Thursday. I was in the upper 7:30s and low 7:40s and it was quite an effort. So I am guessing my pace today will be around 7:50s or low 8:00s. At least I hope so. Regardless, I want to run a steady race and finish strong - no death march for this girl today....

So I am sipping water and starting to get my head in the game! Should be fun to try out another new local distance race! Wish me luck!!

1 comment:

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

Good luck! With the better weather you will have a great race!