Sunday, August 26, 2012

Week 11

I cannot believe the Chicago Marathon is only six weeks away!  That means I have 3 more big weeks until taper time!  Training this week was pretty solid and I am excited to report that I logged over 60 miles this week.

Monday is my rest day.

Tuesday I was scheduled for 80 minutes with tempo intervals (8 x .35 at 7:08 pace) and striders.  My intervals were a little fast, but they felt good.  I put in 9.55 miles total.

Wednesday I had 75 minutes easy on tap and was able to eek out just over 8.5 miles (8:46 pace).

Thursday I had 70 minutes on tap with another session of tempo intervals (6 x .5 @ 7:08 pace) plus striders.  I was able to hit my paces, but I had to fight through the workout a bit.  I ended up with 8.65 miles.

Friday I was scheduled for a double: 50 minutes am / 40 minutes pm.  I decided to bump it up a notch and run 60 minutes in the morning (6.7 miles / 8:59 pace) and then 40 (4.5 / 8:57 pace) in the evening.  It was in the mid 80s for my evening run.  It is funny how much harder it is to run in the heat!

Saturday I did not get out for my run until late in the day because we were gone all morning at the IronKids triathlon.  It was 88 degrees and full sun.  I ran 50 minutes (5.6 / 8:53 pace) and was surprised that it wasn't too hard in the heat.

Sunday I had 2:50 minutes on the schedule, but I had already decided to bump it up a little and run 20 miles.  It was 70 degrees and lightly raining when I got out there.  I felt decent, but had a pretty good headache.  By mile 10ish, my Garmin was no longer registering my heart rate, which was very frustrating.  I let my pace fall in the later miles because I was feeling pretty tired (and chafed!!) and ended up getting it done in just over 3 hours (9:08 pace).

Total: 63.5 miles

Woot!

Quick side note:  I upload my Garmin data to both RunningAhead and Daily Mile.  However, neither of them ever display the "average pace" that I see on my watch when I finish.  RunningAhead is always a second or two slower and Daily Mile is always a second or two faster.  What gives?!

1 comment:

Quinto Sol said...

I'm guessing it's a round off "error." One rounds UP, the other rounds DOWN.