Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Garden Pickins

THIS is what I came home from vacation to:


Do you know what this means?  We are making salsa this week!  Yum!  This is exciting because: (1) this summer has been brutally hot and dry for crops; (2) most of my garden was picked over by bunnies/birds early on; so (3) it is amazing I am getting loads of good and different kinds of tomatoes.  So the boys and I will make and can salsa this week.

Too bad I have to buy my peppers (mine aren't ready) and zucchini (which is great for texture, but Jake dug it up while looking for worms to fish with in May).

:)  Good stuff.

2 comments:

Theia said...

I'm so jealous! My house is way too shaded for any kind of vegetable or herb garden. :(

Mindi said...

We just made our first batch of salsa this week - it was awesome!