Friday, July 20, 2012

Cycling!

Tonight John and I went on another bike ride.  I have decided it is one of my favorite things.

You see, he still can't run due to back pain, so we haven't had that *time* for months.  However, PT is working and last week he was cleared to start riding his bike.  So last Saturday we logged 7.5 miles.

Tonight we went out to dinner and then decided to hit the road for a little over 5 miles again.  Note:  we did not look or cycle like those supah speedy looking guys in the photo.  

We were much more like this photo (who knew a turtle could be so ripped though?!):

But that is okay.  This mission is: (1) get John healthy; and (2) enjoy each other during the way.

So far, our mission is very successful.  It was a beautiful evening and it was so relaxing to tool along on our bikes and catch up on the day's events.

This is definitely more my speed for the whole cycling thing too.  Although the little foot cages still scare me and we have tons of construction and my little road bike tires seem a bit vulnerable.  Maybe I am just a wuss though when it comes to biking (okay, I AM a wuss, whatever).  I am enjoying it.

Weather Update re Sunday:  It looks better.  More like low to mid 90s.  That is still ridiculously hot, but manageable (unlike 111).  Thank you mother nature for dumping some much-needed rain on us and cooling us down.  Keep it coming please....

1 comment:

Theia said...

The pics and captions are great! Glad you have found a good form of crosstraining. :) I'm right there with you.