Sunday, March 20, 2011

Wow - I have been terrible at blogging this training season. Part of my excuse is that my e-mail address changed and now I frequently can't log into blogger. I tried to change my e-mail address, but it still only reconizes my old one. Sometimes it lets me log in. Sometimes it doesn't.

But, I have also been very busy and have admittedly had some ups and downs with my training. Overall, however, I think things are starting to shape up quite nicely. I ran my first tune-up race last weekend. The Shamrock Shuffle 10K is a bear with the hills, but it is a fun race and it was fun to get out there and race after several months of no racing at all. I was able to pull off a 46:04, which is slower than my course record, but frankly better than I had been expecting given that I had done very little speedwork in the weeks prior. I also felt very relaxed and good, so it made for a very enjoyable race. Unfortunately, I missed my AG award (30-39) by one spot. The good news is that I have another 10K coming up next weekend. It should be flatter and I can only hope my fitness is continuing to improve.

SIX weeks until Eugene. And I am cranking this game up a notch.

Despite a very busy week, I was able to log almost 67 miles this week. A nice bump from the 55 mpw range I have been sitting on for weeks. I will go easier this next week, but then hopefully will crank up to 70 the following week. Game on boys and girls.

Here is a recap of last week:

M: rest / arms

T: 8 easy (9:17) / abs

W: 9.5 miles with 5 x 1000m intervals with 2 min recoveries / abs

R: 8 recovery (9:36) / arms and abs

F: 10.5 progressive (8:57)

Sa: 10.4 easy (9:18)

Su: 20 (9:09)

Total: 66.4 miles

I haven't logged this volume since Fall of 2009 prior to the Chicago Marathon. Here's hoping I have as good a race in Eugene as I did in Chicago. That would definitely make me one happy runner.
Happy trails.

No comments: