Saturday, October 10, 2009

T minus 1 and counting

Almost time to go! Woo Hoo. The weather forecast couldn't possibly be more ideal either. While it will be chilly at the start, my best races have been with frosty starts. I'll take it!

My family is all sick, but somehow I seem to be escaping it. My poor husband is feverish and just plain under the weather and both kids have head colds. Fingers crossed that I can make it the next 27 hours without falling sick!

With that said, training is in the bag, I have gotten pretty good sleep this week and the stars are aligning. That means no excuses and it is up to me - my football to fumble (or not) if you will. So I am getting FIRED up. I am not sure where I am after this training season, but do we ever really know? I need to just trust my training and listen to my body out there on the course tomorrow. I KNOW I can do both. So sweet - I am READY!!

I am going to log a short, easy run this morning, drop the boys off with my sister, then head to Chicago! We are staying at the Hilton, which is the host hotel and closest to the start/finish. At first it was sold out, but this week I was able to get a room. It is INSANELY expensive, but I could justify it since we never dropped any $$ for plane tickets as originally expected. Also, it will be well worth avoiding the stress of having to take public transportation down there or find parking. I just don't know Chicago well enough. So, we will stay in grand style. :) I always find it crazy when I stay in fabulous hotels for a race only to go to bed at 8:00 pm!

I did my pre-race grocery shopping this time. Bananas. Check. Bagels. Check. Peanut butter. Check. Gatorade. Check. Breakfast of champions.

I am looking forward to the expo and hoping to pick up some arm warmers for the race. Should be easier than throwing something off. We'll see.

See you at the finish - and thanks for all the support this season.

4 comments:

Kel said...

Have an awesome run Mindi! Looking forward to your race report :)

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

Good Luck Mindi! Weather sounds perfect and you are well trained. Should be a great day! Have fun!

Quinto Sol said...

Go get that PR Mindi...

Quinto Sol said...

CONGRATS Mindi... Superb effort!!!