Friday, October 2, 2009

Motivation has left the building

Seriously. In a big way. This week I have had absolutely no desire to get out and do my runs. I can't say I have ever felt that way during a taper. But this has definitely been an odd training season for me.

My foot feels 100% better. This week has just been normal taper twinges. It was actually funny because two of my L toes hurt the other day. Weird.

So back to loss of motivation. It is Friday morning and I have only logged 6.5 miles this week. Seriously!! It is in large part because I have just been busy or distracted. Monday was a planned rest day. Tuesday I was going to go after work (so I could sleep in and get some rest), but unfortunately got into a car accident on my way back from Milwaukee and that threw my whole day off. Wednesday I only logged 6.5 because I didn't have more time than that in the morning. Yesterday, my alarm went off and I was just plain exhausted, so again decided to go after work. But, we had my 1st grader's open house and when we got back at 7 it was dark, windy and raining, and I just did not feel like getting out there. It hasn't helped that sickness/flu has set in around here big time. My husband and kids are sick and there is a general gunk going around, along with the swine flu. I was a bit headachey yesterday and felt a run in the cold rain would not be useful.

But I feel good this morning and am off to run 10 miles. I am really hoping the legs have some snap in them. I always like to deepen my taper, but this week was admittedly somewhat ridiculous. The nice thing is I slept in (5:15) and am taking my time getting going. Fortunately work is not crazy today, so I will be okay getting in a little later.

I looked at airfare for Scranton. Tickets are now $515 a pop (up from $250 when I last looked). Hello Chicago.

Weather looks absolutely perfect for Minneapolis/St. Paul on Sunday. Go Cindi!!!

Happy Friday.

No comments: