Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I'm Back!

So I have been a bad blogger. But I have a good excuse - I was on vacation! We had a great vacation, yet I am completely exhausted recovering from it all! :)

I logged just a hair over 40 miles on the road; 12.5 on the bike last week. I had hoped to have more, but ended up with 3 rest days, mostly thanks to traveling. Lots of lobster, beer, sandwiches and wine. Oh - and Maine is crazy hilly with very little shoulder to run on. I am spoiled in Wisconsin.

I did track workout #5 last night. We are starting to ease up some as the race is now just around the corner (in a week and a half).

Did a bit over 2 miles w/up, with the standard 200m fast; 200m easy x 4.

Then did 800m x 2 (3:10; 3:12). The "goal" was 5K pace, but this is much faster than my 5k pace.

Then did 200m x 5 at "just faster than 800 pace" - again, these were faster than goal, but what the coach wanted (:43, :42, :41, :41, :40). Interestingly, these paces fall within McMillan's suggested interval times for around a 6 minute mile.

Cooled down with another mile.

Not sure what my goal is for the race. Originally I thought I could get under 6 again, but now I'm not so sure. My hammies/etc. have just been so tight during the whole season and I don't have much "zip" in my legs. I have also completely deviated from my marathon training schedule due to the tightness and, well, life.

So - I need to figure out what I am going to do this weekend for a long run and how I am going to set my week up next week. I definitely need some rest if I am going to have speedy legs, but I'm not sure how I can take it down much more than I already have. Any suggestions?

No comments: