Sunday, July 19, 2009

A Good Decision

First - thanks to everyone for the nice words about James. I really appreciate it.

Back to training (which is thankfully much less exciting) :D

As you may recall, I decided to cut back on training for the days leading up to Capitol Mile in an attempt to get some snap back into these log legs. Well, I think it is working.

M: travel/rest / core

T: track workout ~ approx. 5 miles. 3.5 w/u and c/d; 800x2; 200x5; arms; side weights; core

W: rest, core

R: 7 easy (9:23); arms, side weights, legs, core

F: rest; legs, core

Sa: 6 easy (9:06); arms, side weights, core

Su: 14 (9:03); legs, core

Total: 31.8 miles

So I dropped the mileage pretty significantly and really upped my stretching. I have already noticed big results. My hammie/butt do not hurt at all when just walking around. I feel them periodically when running, but far less than before. Today, my legs felt noticeably lighter. Yay. Hopefully with a nice cut-back week next week, I will be ready and raring to go on Sunday.

Plan:

M: bike, arms, legs, core

T: 6 recovery am / Miler training pm (this will be very minimal)

W: 5 recovery, arms, legs, core

R: 8 easy w/8 striders, legs, core

F: rest, arms, legs, core

Sa: 5 easy w/5 striders, legs, core

Su: CAPITOL MILE

No comments: