Friday, April 25, 2008

Crazylegs

Tomorrow is the Crazylegs Classic! And I will race! I am really looking forward to it. I ran Crazylegs in 2005 and it was my first race ever. It is a 5 mile race and at that time, it was only the second time ever I had run 5 miles. I finished in 44:xx and was so proud. From that moment on, I had the racing bug. Unfortunately, I have not run it since because it has conflicted with other obligations.

This year I am running as part of my law firm's team. I'm not really sure what to expect results wise, but I am pretty sure it will be a course PR. :)

My mileage is up a bit, but I have not been doing any speed work. While I don't think that will harm my time too much, I do wish I had been doing more because I know it can make a big difference. The course has a couple of biggish hills, but it is a lot of fun. In fact the finish is the 50 year line at Camp Randall stadium where a live band is playing and you get to hang for food and drinks after. The weather should be ok - mid 40s, which for me is perfect. The only downside is a potential for 25 mph winds from the WSW. Guess what? The race runs due west then south - go figure! :)

Wish me luck.

Congrats again to all of you who ran Boston - the good, the bad and the ugly - I enjoyed hearing of all the triumphs and tribulations.

2 comments:

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

Good Luck! I think a 5 mile race would be a fun distance. Hope it goes well for you and the wind dies down!

Quinto Sol said...

Have a great race!