Sunday, February 17, 2008

Life is too short

Notwithstanding my selfish weather woes, I ask you all to thank your lucky stars. This week, one of my best friends lost her baby. She was due in 2 weeks. Due to an inexplicable "cord accident," her precious baby girl passed 2 weeks early. My friend had a c-section and delivered a stillborn baby.

Need I say more? No parent should ever have to bury their child. It is one of the worst tragedies imaginable. So if you are able, kiss your babies and rejoice in every breath they have taken, and every breath they will take.

On Friday, friends from all over the world lit a candle for this precious baby. It was amazingly sad and eye-opening at the same time. We have so much to be thankful for everyday. Sometimes it takes great loss to even begin to see it. But we all should be thankful for all that is amazing every day in our lives. Really. Please take a moment to reflect on that.

Sorry for being overly "heavy" but this has consumed me lately. I am so amazingly sad for my friend's loss. It is inexplicable and unimaginable. If I could take away one second of their pain, I would in a heartbeat. Unfortunately it does not work that way.

God Bless Baby Cambria and her amazing parents.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend's baby. As a new parent, I can't think of a bigger nightmare. It's very understandable why you're sad about it, and don't worry about your posts being too "heavy". Honestly, I think it's commendable you keep blogging through tough times as well as good ones too.