Tuesday, November 6, 2007

My husband rocks the red rocks!

I don't even know what to say. My husband eluded to the fact that he was going to do something special for our anniversary this year. Our anniversary is cool b/c it falls one week before Christmas and 3 days after his birthday. So it is a little hectic, but a lot magical. Since we moved to Wisconsin 3 years ago, my Mom and Dad have been ever so charitable and have taken our boys for an overnight while we celebrated our anniversary. Usually we stay in downtown Madison, have a nice dinner, then hang out and try to find some good live music.

Not this year! John just told me we have 4 full days in Sedona to celebrate. The pic you see above is the view from our B&B living room! We are going to hike, run, and romance it up Western Style. What an amazing treat! John and I are the very best of friends and we LOVE travelling together, but our travel life has fallen victim to visiting family when we have a chance. He is one of 5 siblings, who all live in different states, and his parents live in even another. So we are used to using vacation time to catch up with family - not each other. And we do cherish it. And we cherish our mini-vacations we get with our boys. But for our 8th anniversary, we are going to hike, explore, and romance it up just the 2 of us. YAY!!! I am still gushing!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is why I miss Tucson. My wife & I went up to Sedona a few times and it's amazing.

If you want a little travel tip (if you're still there), a fun drive is taking the state route (I think it's 89A) up from Sedona to Flagstaff--a beautiful, fun mountain town. In Sedona, there's a really good restaurant off the tourist strip called, I think, "Charlie"...or some other name. There's also a good pancacke place near that restaurant too.

Anyhow, have fun!