Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Another strong week in the books. This week, I decided to cut back on the mileage and get some high quality in before I ramp up for my last huge (for me) mileage week before Eugene. All in all, it shook out very well.

M: rest/abs

T: 8 easy (8:58) / abs

W: 8 recovery (9:30) / arms

R: 11 with 5 x 600 meters; 90 sec recoveries (2:22, 2:26, 2:32, 2:27, 2:27). These felt very strong and I incorporated some nice hills into the intervals. Fastest, strongest intervals I have run in a long time.

F: rest. Pressed for time, so I decided to rest up for my 10K

Sa: 10 miles with 10K (44:58). I was first female and had a strong race. I hit the 5K in just over 22, but was unable to keep the pace the second half. This was in part due to a strong head wind - it was wicked cold and windy out there.


Su: 15 miles (9:08)


Total: 52 and change


The boys also ran the race on Saturday. I wasn't sure what to expect since it was their first race since last Fall. It was a tiny race and they were the only kids out there, but they both threw down awesome races. James came in at 28:15 and Jake came in at 29:38. This was the first time Jake has broken 30 minutes. I have a feeling they are going to see a lot of improvement this summer. Best part was that they had a lot of fun. ....Just when I was worried that they wouldn't want to continue going to the races with me... :)

Next up: 10K for me and 5K for the boys on April 9.

1 comment:

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

Yeah - what a strong week for you! Can't wait to see how it pans out for Eugene!

What do you do for your arms work? The mari winsor dvd?